Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Support System

I named the title of this blog because this truly is the beginning of our new life. You take for granted what has been given to you and you don't really stop to think about how good you really have it. Everyone has their worries and everyone wishes they had more. Unfortunately, it takes something bad to happen to make you wake up and appreciate everything that you have.


I have always appreciated everything I have. It's taken me many years to get where I am today and I have the most wonderful husband. How many people can honestly say that they have the perfect marriage? While ours may not be perfect, we are perfect for each other. I couldn't imagine life without him. Harold has always supported me and my crazy decisions (such as when I decided to coach a dance team of 32 girls, or when I decided to go back to school to earn my bachelors degree, or recently when I told him I wanted to start on my masters degree). Do you think he asked me how I was going to be able to do it? Nope, he said "Go for it!". He has stood by my side every step of the way and I couldn't have done any of it without his support.


We just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary last weekend. No big plans, just dinner and a quiet movie at home. It was nice...and did I mention quiet? With two rowdy boys, we don't have alot of alone time together. My mom offered to keep the boys so that we could have some time to ourselves. That was nice too, but we missed them waking us up the next morning. Holden likes to "steamroll" his daddy while he is pretending to sleep! Never a dull moment in the Sublett house!


Harold & I are also greatful for our support team. My mom has always been there for me...and I've put her through some times! Harold's mom & dad have always supported our decisions. Harold & I both have the best in-laws!! Harold picks with me and says that my mom likes him better than me! I guess he is her son that she never had. And I've been told that I am Chuck & Carolyn's daughter they never had. You have no idea how special that makes me feel. It's extremely important to me to have a loving family. We are truly blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment