Thursday, July 16, 2009

One day I'll slow down...

Nah...I doubt that! We've had a busy week (as usual). Lots to report...We finally got Harold's lab results back late Monday evening and the nurse ordered his chemo. It arrived yesterday in the mail, so he started last night. We thought he would have a normal night. But that changed when he woke up at 2:30am and almost didn't make it to the bathroom. He scared the daylights out of me...I didn't know what was going on. We really don't know what happened or why he got sick. He's been fine today, other than being tired from no sleep last night.

He took his chemo around 8:45pm last night. I was a little worried that his body didn't absorb the medicine by the time he got sick. I called his nurse and left her a voicemail at 7am this morning. She said that most likely his body did absorb the chemo before he got sick. To be on the safe side, he is doubling up on the phenergan tonight before he takes his chemo. We'll see how it goes tonight.

But, let's back track to a couple days ago...Monday evening. Harold's brother, Michael, coaches the Village Christian Academy baseball team. Coach Jeffrey also helps coach the team. A couple months ago, Coach Jeffrey found out that his 4-yr old grandson, Cooper, has an inoperable brain tumor. Michael surprised Coach Jeffrey with the team wearing jerseys with Cooper's name and T-ball number on the back. All proceeds from that night's game will go to Cooper's family. News14 had a camera guy there and Fayetteville Observer had a photographer there. Cooper threw out the first baseball. It was a very touching game...Michael has such a huge heart! Cooper finishes up radiation next Tuesday and then they will follow up with a 2nd opinion at Duke. We will continue to pray for him and his family. Here's the story link and a slideshow of the pictures I took:




They also had a golf tournament fundraiser for Cooper today at Baywood. Harold went out to help first thing, but came home to sleep this afternoon. Harold said that Cooper's tournament was full of teams AND had 20 teams on the waiting list! That's incredible. I hope they have done well with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment