Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Update

Wow...this year has really flown by! We have already decided that 2010 is going to be a good year. And lots has happened since my last blog update in November. We hope that everyone had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to everyone. I cleaned ALL day Christmas Eve. Christmas morning, it only took 15 secs to look like a tornado came through. Fortunately, I am on vacation this week so that I can get everything back to "normal". I can't handle anything out of place...drives me nuts. So far, I've got the downstairs presentable and I cleaned out our master closet. This weekend, I'll be working on the upstairs, which is the boys' room and the bonus room. Oh joy!

Here's the family updates:

Harold has finished his year of chemo!! yay!! No more nausea, sleepless nights, afternoon naps, and grouchiness! Hopefully, we won't have to go down that road again...EVER! Harold has his follow-up at Duke on Monday. He is scheduled for a PET scan at 7am, MRI at 10am, and checkup with Dr. Desjardins at 12:30pm. It's going to be a L-O-N-G day. We'll be driving up the night before and Hunter wants to go with us. He asks so many questions and we feel that he would better understand our visits by going with us.

Harold's birthday is tomorrow and he'll be spending it hunting...the last day of deer season.

Hunter hit a milestone this month....he's 10 years old!! That makes me feel VERY old. He's in the double digits now. He's growing up so fast before our eyes. I've started a slideshow of Hunter's life that I'll post later, I'm not quite finished. Hunter had a great birthday party at Dock's at the Capital and then had a couple boys stay the night with us. Hunter is out of school until the 2nd week of January. He has a nice, long break. Hunter received 3 awards on the last day of school: Perfect Attendance, A-B Honor Roll and Met his AR goal (reading). We are so proud of him.

Holden has a birthday coming up next week...he'll be turning 5! My little baby is growing up too. We are having his birthday party this Saturday. Between all 3 birthdays and Christmas, December is just a hectic month for me. I don't have time to rest and enjoy the festive holidays. I'm too busy planning, buying, and running around like a mad-man. Hunter and Holden both got new bikes from Santa and they both love them. I'm so glad. Of course, they were both spoiled rotten between Santa, grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Mom and Dad!

As for ME? Well, my biggest news is that I got accepted into the MBA program at Methodist University! I start Jan 8th. Majority of the classes are online, and I spend one weekend a month on campus. I will graduate May 2011. I'm so excited. It was sorta a last minute decision. I got accepted into UNCP. However, when I reviewed their graduate class schedule, they only had 1 class each semester. It would take me 3 yrs to finish at that rate. So, Harold & I talked this over and I really had to do some major decision making. With Harold's help, we decided on the Methodist program. My biggest hesitation was the weekend schedules. I would go 5:30-9:30pm Fridays, and 8am-5pm Saturdays and Sundays. That's a huge commitment for me. I'm so worried that I might miss something with the boys during those on-campus weekends. But Harold really encouraged me and said he'd help out those weekends. I'm so excited, yet so very nervous. There's only 17 people in this cohort with me. I couldn't do this without Harold's support. And he told me that I took care of him for the last year...and he would support me while I am in school. He's so good to me!!

I'm still pushing for the doctors to figure out what is wrong with my stomach. I've had 5 tests so far this year. Everything is coming back 'normal', which I should be happy about. However, it frustrates me because my stomach pain is still a mystery. It only occurs every 3-4 months and I can't figure out what triggers it. But I'm not finished trying. One day they will figure it out and a light bulb will go off!

Well, here's to a fantastic 2010!! I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment