

We’ve been super busy this last week. Harold went to Florida last Friday to Tarpon fish. He didn’t catch any Tarpon, but did catch some of these perty things…I think he called them Permit.
He was a little nauseous fishing on Saturday…probably more than he will admit. He didn’t go with the crew on Sunday, but he did fish a half-day on Monday before they headed back home. I sure missed him while he was gone. I stayed busy with the boys…they had ball games and I got some spring-cleaning done. Holden is mad at me because I re-arranged his bedroom. Every night when I put him to bed, he tells me that he wants his bed back on the other side of the room “because he’s scared of the window”. Every night, I have to tell him he is a big boy now and need a big boy room. He’s just not buying it.
I got a wild hair and decided to dye my own hair over the weekend too. I thought it was going to be brown all over…but it turned out VERY dark brown. Almost black. I didn’t tell Harold that my hair was a blue-ish color afterwards either, but he’ll soon find out after reading this! I had to call my hairdresser, Wendy, and beg her to fix it. She just laughed at me. Therefore, it’s not blue or gray or green any more, just dark brown. I’m starting to get used to it. Harold said, “it’s not that bad”….which equates to “I’m not crazy about it”. Oh well, you live and you learn…or atleast I always do things the hard way!
Hunter had Field Day at school this week. He got soaking wet too…now I see why they ask that they bring a change of clothes. He had a lot of fun. We have to finish his castle this weekend. He had to build a castle for AIG class. It is turning out good. I hope that I, uh, he gets a good grade on it. I’ll take a picture of it when we are finished.
Harold had his MRI done this past Wednesday. He brought the CD to me after he was finished and I popped it in my computer. You know, because I’m a “certified” doctor now. Haha.
We immediately noticed that there wasn’t anything left of that black hole. I teared up and could tell that Harold was excited. Once again, the more that “hole” closes up, the more that the cancer cells are dying. If the hole wasn’t closing up, that would be a good indicator that cancer cells are thriving and prevent the good cells from healing his brain. Yahoo!!
Now, we wait until we go to Duke on Monday to get their interpretation. After all, their opinions are the ones that count!
Here’s a “sample” of our calendar of events coming up. All of this has caused my OCD to bump up a notch or three! Is there medication to help with anal-retentive behavior?? (Ahem…I prefer to be called “meticulous”…sounds more impressive) I know I drive Harold and everyone crazy. Harold has even pointed out some of my quirks! However, I can’t help it.
Anyhow, enough about what goes on in my crazy head…
- Monday – I have my pre-op appt at my ear doctor at 11:30am in Raleigh. I will have a hearing test done and probably another checkup. Then at 1pm, we head over to Duke Clinic for Harold’s appt to review his MRI and talk about his overall health.
- Tuesday – Harold has blood work done and then an appt with the orthopedic again. He has a possible bone spur on the heel of his foot. It hurts when he walks. He had trouble with another spot last summer, but it was in the arch of his foot and doesn’t bother him as much. They opted for the “let’s watch it” treatment plan. This pain is on the same foot. Then, Hunter has a therapy appt late that morning, and we will head up to Raleigh late that afternoon.
- Wednesday – As of today, my surgery is scheduled for 9am at Rex Hospital, but I have to be there at 7am. I will stay in the hospital until Thursday. Bummer…I am going to be better by Sunday though…it’s Mommy’s Day!
In between all of these events, I have a massive To-Do list that I hope to complete this weekend with the help of my ever-loving hubby! <== ulterior motive embedded in this sentence
Did I mention that I'm on vacation next week? As if!
No comments:
Post a Comment