I'm so behind in updating the blog again. I was going to do it last night, but my wrist has been hurting again and it's hard to type in a wrist splint. I have to be able to type fast to keep up with my thoughts! So here's the update...
Last Friday, Holden has his 4 yr checkup with his pediatrician. Checkup was good...he's in 75% range for his height and 95% for his weight. Holden watched as the doctor listened to his heart, looked in his ears, hit his knees with a "dinosaur hammer" and then came the.......SHOTS. Not one or two...he was due for FOUR! Mommy left Daddy with the nurse to handle the dirty stuff. I don't do shots or needles. Let me just say...."he was NOT happy". But, atleast he doesn't need any more before Kindergarten. Man, did Holden cry! We haven't seen him cry that bad in a long time. My poor baby! I gave him a handful of chocolate to make up for it...chocolate always makes me feel better.
On Saturday, Harold & I "tried" to have a date night. I say "tried" because it didn't quite happen as planned. After dropping the boys off with the sitter, we headed to Red Lobster, a place we haven't eaten in years. We arrive in the parking lot and it was packed. Harold goes in to see how long the wait was while I was parking the car in Egypt. As soon as I got out of my car, I heard all kinds of commotion....a lady on a motorcycle was in an accident right in front of the restaurant Her motorcycle slid down the road and she jumped up off the road ready to kick some booty! She was fussing at the driver of a SUV about slowing down or moving or something. It was chaos. I called Harold on his cell and he said the wait time was 1.5 hours! No way! So, we watched the "scene" for about 15 mins...we couldn't get out of the parking lot anyways. The police arrived, then the firetruck and then the ambulance. By then, the biker chick was laying on the ground as if she couldn't move. Amazing how that happens! I still don't know what caused her to wreck her bike, but she was "not happy" as Holden said about his shots!
Anyhow, we motivated over to 316 Oyster Bar...one of our other favorite restaurants. They had a couple seats open at the Oyster Bar, so we took them. We ordered our food, got our hushpuppies, ate my salad and then requested our food...to go. Harold wasn't feeling well. "Kinda nauseated all day" he tells me. He tells me at 6PM that he's been sick ALL DAY! What is wrong with this picture? We do men do that? So, we go back to the sitters to get the boys and back to the homestead as usual.
Speaking of sitters, does anyone know of a babysitter that we can use? We really need someone that drives. Our sitter moved across town and doesn't drive. Please let us know if you have someone.
Sunday was low-key for all of us. And on Monday, I was looking forward to get back to work! I'm glad that I have a job that I enjoy. And it's a place where I can run away from my thoughts temporarily. Besides, my kids drive us nuts! They are so busy all the time. I honestly don't know where they get it. *smirk!*
Last night, we headed into Hope Mills for HMYA elections. My term ended this month and didn't really think of running again unless it was a one year term. Harold & I talked it over several times...it's a lot of work. HMYA stands for the Hope Mills Youth Association... the association that handles the recreation sports in Hope Mills. People may think it's all fun and games, but it's not. We are there to make things better for the kids. So, Harold, the boys and I are in the big room while other position elections are going on. I'm in the back with Holden trying to keep him quiet when I hear someone nominate me for an At-Large position. Then the position closes....4 names on the board. The people vote and guess what? I'm elected for another two years....I was tricked I tell ya! At some point during the elections, when the President was asking for any other nominations, HOLDEN raises his hand. And everyone laughed. Holden would probably do a darn good job at something! Just after the elections, I found out that the Dixie Youth Baseball District Tournament will be held in Hope Mills this year. Do you have any idea how much work that will entail??? I'll tell you this...the board will not be able to do it alone...we will definitely need as many volunteers as possible. This is huge for Hope Mills and for the sports program. It's exciting too! Last year, it was held at Arnette Park.
Harold started his first day of chemo last night. He has 4 more nights to go. And for someone who doesn't like to take any medicine, guess how many chemo pills he has to take at one time? SIX!! I knew when I was talking to the pharmacist picking up his prescription that he was going to flip. And he did! I explained to him that this medicine has to be adjustable with his lab work. One month it may increase or it might decrease. This round, he has to take a total of 360mg...(3) 100mg pills and (3) 20mg pills. He didn't sleep well last night...I think it was the anticipation of what it might do. He tossed and turned and therefore, I didn't sleep either. But he had a good day today. Dr. Martin, the Pastor at Village Baptist Church, came by to see him today. I'm sure that visit was very uplifting for Harold.
I will tell you, I'm TIRED of scheduling doctor appointments! I'm trying to get 3 different appts set for the same day in March at Duke and I just can't seem to make it happen. I have two scheduled, but the 3rd is always booked when I need him. arrgh!! I do not want to go to Duke twice in one week. Later this week, I have to schedule Harold's lab work...Day 21 and Day 28 following chemo. I cannot wait until Harold is able to drive again...I know he can't wait. It seems like every time I turn around, I'm driving one of the boys or Harold to the doctor. I've even postponed my own doctor appts indefinitely.
This week is Hunter's yearly checkup and Holden is having a hearing test done with audiologist.
More news to follow...
Hope everyone has a great week!
if ya ever just need a night out we can watch the boys for ya david and jordan would enjoy the company we stay back behind grandsons so its not too far away from everything........ carrie
ReplyDelete