Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a WEEK!!

Harold did well with the rest of his chemo treatment. He took his last dose Saturday night and seemed to tolerate it better if he waited longer after taking his anti-nausea medicine. He's been in a good mood this week...that always helps! He has lab work next weekend and the weekend after that will be sent up to Duke for their review. Then they will order his next round of chemo. I'm thinking we'll start the second week of February...Valentine's week, of course! We need to make sure we time that well!

Harold's hair is SLOWLY growing back. We've been keeping a close eye on it...it's like watching a pot of water boil. Here's a picture of the back of his head. It's a backwards "L" for his Love for me.

On Sunday, we were taking the boys to the FireAntz hockey game. But I ended up dropping them off at the Crown and I headed to Urgent Care. My stomach has been hurting so bad...I think it's an ulcer. This happens about 2-3 times every year. The only thing that makes it feel better is a GI Cocktail (recipe is Maalox and Lidocaine). Trust me when I say it does not taste good! But it works! The nurse said...you must be feeling bad if you're asking for this! And I was.

I made it back to the game during the last period. Then we headed over to Beef O'Bradys where they were having a Meet and Greet with the hockey players. Hunter has been to many of them, but Holden couldn't grasp the concept of letting hockey players write on his clothes with a sharpie! But, they had a great time.













Then comes the SNOW DAY! I must admit I haven't seen snow that pretty in many, many years. It was like powder and so pretty... we usually get that snow/ice mix. The boys went in and out 3-4 times. They would go out for about an hour, come in to thaw out by the fire, then back out again.






















Even Molly, our dog, loved the snow. She had snowballs stuck in between her toes and was trying to eat them out. When I picked her up, she had them ALL OVER her belly. I had to put her in the tub to thaw her out.









She loved the snow...she looked like she was in a horserace in the backyard running around so fast.

As for me...I guess I jinxed myself about not going to the doctors. I ended up back at urgent care again on Wednesday for my stomach. I haven't been able to eat much all week because it hurts worse when I do eat. But I have an appt with my GI doctor on Tuesday. I think he'll schedule an endocscopy to see what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment