I know it’s been a couple weeks since my last update. And I apologize. But I have a good excuse. Two, actually.
- Nothing good/bad to report (no news is good news in my book!)
- I’ve been so darn busy
I haven’t had a chance to finish the new blog. It’s still a work in progress. I have received everyone’s emails wanting to be added to the list. I haven’t forgotten you. And I promise as soon as the new blog up and ready, I will be emailing you personally.
Now for the quick update: And just in time for Harold’s Round 6 of chemo. He had his lab work completed this morning and Duke is waiting on the results. The nurse said his platelets were good at 126. But she was still waiting on the differential (ANC) results. If that comes back within normal range, he’ll be able to start tomorrow night. It takes the pharmacy a day or so to order the chemo anyhow.
I’ve been pretty busy moving into our new office at work and working in general. So forgive me if I go home at night and don’t even want to look at the computer. Harold has even given me hints…when I walk past him, he’ll say “do you want the laptop?” My response: “Nope. Going to bed.”
Hunter has been in Maggie Valley with his Papa, Uncle Michael, Uncle Jim and Aunt Donna since last Friday. It is Hunter’s first trip to the mountains. So far, he’s gone horseback riding, learning to play pool, playing cards and who knows what else! He’ll be home tomorrow. I miss him so much! Hunter’s last day of school was last Friday. He got all A’s and one B on his report card. We are so VERY proud of him. And he got his EOG scores last week. He made ALL 4’s (which is the highest score)!!! Unbelievable!! Of course, when Hunter told me that the tests were easy, I didn’t realize how easy! He is so smart!
As for Holden, well, he’s missing his brother. He keeps asking me when he’s coming home. Last week, Harold & I fill out the application to get Holden into the Pre-K program at Hunter’s school. He had his test last Thursday. We hope and pray that he gets in. We should know something by the end of this month. *cross your fingers*
On another note, Harold got some upsetting news over the weekend about a friend’s grandson. The family just found out that he has an inoperable brain tumor and he’s only 3 years old. It’s really bothering Harold. He said last night that he wishes that he could do something to help him. I told him, the only thing he can do right now is to pray for that baby and his family (just as everyone has done for us!). Harold has called the family a couple times, offering any kind of assistance that he can. And he has talked about them all weekend. So, I know this is heavy on his mind. This little boy has gone hunting at the Green Swamp with Harold and the guys a couple times.
Please say a prayer for the Jeffries family so that they stay strong!
No comments:
Post a Comment