Monday, December 29, 2008

Tuesday is the Day!

Harold's post-treatment MRI is tomorrow. Yikes! We are definitely on pins and needles. Harold's been having sharp, shooting pains along the side of his head for the last week and a half. And do you think he told me about it? Nope, I found out last weekend. At first, we thought it may have been a ear infection. So, I called his radiation doctor and left a message with our Duke nurse. The radiation doctor asked us to come in this morning. He said his ear canal was swollen and his eardrum looked "dull". I guess it's supposed to be shiny or something like that.

Anyhow, he said that being swollen after radiation was normal. He didn't really address the shooting pains, other than asking if Tylenol helps. I guess because we have his MRI tomorrow, he didn't want to push for any immediate answers. The MRI can tell us about the swelling and if anything else is going on. Harold's Duke nurse called this afternoon too. He told her what has been going on. She said that as soon as they receive Harold's MRI results, she would have the doctor review them.

We have an appt at Duke Clinic on the 8th already to review the results. But, hopefully, we'll find out something before then. As always, I'll have a copy of the results within a day. But I don't want to try and decipher all the big words without having someone explain it to us.

Please continue to pray for Harold and that we have good results from the MRI.

Harold's birthday is this Thursday, January 1st. What a great way to start out the year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment