I am so exhausted. We've had a very busy day. The golf tournament was awesome. Harold & I saw a lot of friends that we haven't seen in a long time. Of course we talk to some on the phone, but it was great seeing them today. And we were very surprised at how many people came, as were Jackie and Kandi. We owe them a HUGE thank you for all they have done for us. They have been hustling and bustling for the last couple of weeks. They have been so awesome as well as the dozens of people who have helped them along the way.
Harold & I made our rounds this morning thanking everyone during registration. But Harold was very emotional tonight after alot of people had already left golf course. I think it finally hit Harold. He has so many friends. I guess he didn't realize how many people respect him and think of him as a brother or a son. I have heard that all day. These people know what we are going through and they know our situation. We are not on the side of the road holding a sign that say "HOMELESS, please help". These people sincerely care for us and our extended families. I always knew that Harold had many friends. There have been many late nights where Harold has received a phone call from a friend in need. Of course, I didn't understand why he had to jump up and run out the door, even if he had a migraine. He would give his clothes off his back for a friend. What goes around, comes around.
Harold - you are a phenomenal man. You have a heart bigger than the world and I love you for it. You give me strength and hope more than anyone else. We are so blessed to have our family and friends in our lives. It is during times like these when you find out who your true friends are. And honey, you have have lot of friends. I'm so glad to be a part of your life. I love you, Harold! And I'm looking forward to many, many great years together!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the golf tournament, whether you were a volunteer, a player or a sponsor. We are very thankful for you have done for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment