Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday

Much to my surprise, Holden has been doing quite well since his surgery. Yesterday, he was driving Harold bonkers (which is normal). Holden wants to run, jump, eat regular food and doesn’t understand that he cannot do any of that. His doctor called last night to check on him and we told him how he has been. He said he could go back to daycare on Monday – IF– I felt comfortable with that. I would have to pack his lunches and snacks because he cannot have anything sharp or hard for another week and a half. And he cannot run around, as he does usually. We are going to see how he does this weekend before I make that decision. I don’t want his throat to start bleeding or I will be laid out on the floor. Seriously! _________________________________________________________

8:30AM UPDATE: Holden just woke up and the pain has set in today. He's not very happy right now. It hurts when he swallows. Poor baby! The doctor was right. The pain would come a couple days later. I'm going home for lunch to see him and give him some Mommy hugs.

_______________________________________________________________

Today is my Dad’s birthday. I miss him dearly and think of him often!! I wish Harold could have met him. Believe it or not, my dad would have approved of him. Harold reminds me a lot of my dad. I hate that it took me so long to find Harold. However, everything happens for a reason. My Daddy is my Guardian Angel. Today, he would have been 58 years old. It is hard to believe that it will be 10 years this December since he has left us.

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

March 26th, 1951- December 26th, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment