Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekend Update

Holden's been a little grumpy this weekend. The pain has been worse the last couple days. He woke up at 4am this morning SCREAMIN!! It took us 30 mins to calm him down long enough to get the pain medicine in him. I don't know if he woke up with dry mouth and throat and he panicked, but he definitely got our attention. I'm surprised the neighbors didn't hear him!

Last Friday night, we had a BAD storm come through our side of town. I had just dropped Harold and Hunter off at the Food Lion to catch a ride to Dublin so that I could stay home with Holden. They were supposed to have a 6pm baseball game. But the fields were too wet and it was raining. They turned around to come back home. Before they got back into Grays Creek, a tornado had skipped through and done quite a bit of damage. Just one mile south of us, there was a house under construction that was demolished. There were trees snapped in half and steel buildings toppled upside down. How scary that it was so close to us! Tornadoes are not common for us. And they were calling for more tornadoes Saturday afternoon and evening. Lucky for us, our Saturday night baseball game was cancelled too for wet fields. I'm not sure if they are going to reschedule them.

Poor Holden, we signed him up for Soccer and has already missed 3 games. The first two were not our faults though; it was the weather. I feel like he's being slighted...only 4 more Soccer Saturdays.

Last week, Hunter had an awards banquet for the 3rd nine weeks. Since Holden was in surgery, Papa went for us and took a couple pictures. Hunter got an award for A-B Honor Roll, having his AR points, and Perfect Attendance. His PE teacher told me last week that Hunter was in 2nd place for running a 1/2 mile. 2nd place out of six 3rd-grade classes. That's awesome! I certainly didn't realize that he ran that fast! I think he ran it in 3 mins and 39 seconds. We'll find out tomorrow if he's selected to compete in the County competition at Douglas Byrd in May. Starting tomorrow, Hunter is out of school until April 17th for intercession and spring break.

Harold & Hunter spent alot of time together this weekend. I'm glad too. They need that time together. They went to the Guard football game last night and now they are at the FireAntz hockey game.

As for me, I never realized how hard it is to be a caregiver. Not just being a caregiver, but continuing to be a lover and a life partner at the same time once that mommy-mode kicks in. I am praying hard that once Harold goes back to driving next week (aka 10 days!), we'll get back to normal. It's hard to be affectionate when you have so much on your mind and on your plate. I miss our hand-holding for no reason...smacks on my booty when washing dishes...going to bed and just talking for over an hour. I seriously cannot imagine what goes through Harold's mind. I know my mind is constantly working. I'm constantly thinking about what I should be doing, who I should be calling and what I can do to make something better. It's both of us! But I am patient and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our relationship will be stronger than ever. I just want him to know that I love him dearly and cannot imagine life without him. I need him more now than ever! It's only human nature to put up walls when you are scared and have alot on your mind.

But I'm determined to break down those Great Walls of China Stubborn.



I love you, Harold!! You'll always be my "Big Daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. Kim I just want you to know how much I enjoy reading your blog. I try to read it every couple of days to keep up with you guys. I admire you for being so strong with all that you have been through. I know you love Harold and I know he loves you and I hope the best for both of you always. Stay strong and know that I think of you often. Love Sharon Barnhill

    ReplyDelete