
Today marks history for the Sublett family. Harold & I both voted for the first time. I know we’re a little behind. But, wow, it’s empowering! Really makes you feel good. Politics isn’t something that Harold & I discuss on a daily basis. Every once in a while, we’ll talk about something we heard on the news or in the newspaper. I’m glad we decided to vote this year. There was a lady in front of me at the Board of Elections that shook everyone’s hand on her way out. She was proud…must’ve been a first time voter like myself. When I walked out to my car, I felt good too. Now, I can’t answer for Harold. He voted at Pearce’s Mill Fire Department. That’s where I dropped him off after his treatment today. There was a long line. So, he "shot the bull" with the guys until the line got smaller. He’ll never admit it, but I could tell he felt good about it too. I’ll tell Hunter about us voting tonight. I should’ve gotten my “I voted” sticker to show him. Hunter asked me a couple weeks ago who we were voting for. I know they talk about the politics at school. They probably even had their own election in their classroom, like they did last year. That’s pretty cool. Teachers are so creative!
By the way, does it always rain on Election Day?
29 More Days of Radiation!
By the way, does it always rain on Election Day?
29 More Days of Radiation!
51 Days til Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment