Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quick Update

Well, I'm a little behind in updating the blog..sorry about that. I think all this rain has given me bad headaches. Anyhow, Harold's treatments have been going well this past week. We did have a little scare on Tuesday night. Harold has some bad swelling beside his eye. It felt like it was full of fluid. We showed the PA at our appt on Wednesday. His first words were, Let me find Dr. Bryan. I want to be sure that it's not "cerebral spinal fluid" or "blood" leaking. WHAT???!! You don't tell me that! I instantly had a knot in my throat, felt like I was going to throw up. I look at Harold and he's crying. I knew I had to be strong for him. Lord only knows what was going on through his mind. I just couldn't believe he said that. So, Dr. Bryan comes in and wants to order a CT to see what the fluid was. A couple hours, some blood work and an IV inserted later, we finally had the CT. I pushed for the results before 5pm...there was no way Harold & I would have sat at home the entire night waiting and wondering. The PA called around 3:30pm and said that three people looked at the CT and didn't see anythng wrong with it. Very strange. Harold still has that same swelling every night, but not as bad. It appears that it's getting better each night. Whew! Just another bump in the road....I'm getting carsick from all these bumps...we need to have the road paved! haha

But then, Wednesday night, our neighbors, Mark & Pam, surprised us with a wonderful gift. I tried to take a picture with and without the flash. It's a beautiful framed picture of Santa!! I put it up today in the living room, right beside where the tree will be. We are truly blessed to have such awesome neighbors and friends!!















Here's a funny story...Hunter writes up his Christmas/Birthday wish list. Let me read a few things to you that are written on it:

  • Nerf guns
  • Shoes
  • Playstation games
  • collectible cars
  • dirt bike
  • and the list goes on and on and on...trust me!
Looks like normal kid stuff, right....here's some other items on his list:
  • Lamp
  • trashcan
  • thumb tacks (not sure where we are going here?!)
  • bookbag
  • pencils
I'm saving this list for when he's older and has a girlfriend...

As for Holden, same as I mentioned before...he wants everything!! And if anyone is available to babysit one Saturday morning and take notes while he's watching TV, please let me know. I lose consciousness by the 14th time he says "I need that!" for every commercial! Thanks to great advertising!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a scare about the swelling. It's just normal swelling related to radiation, I'm sure. We were warned about pretty severe swelling, so don't freak out :)

    Glad he's doing well.

    ReplyDelete