Thankfully, this past weekend was uneventful. Of course, we put up our Christmas tree and have the house decorated. I know it is early. Our neighbor started it and everyone else on the street caught the Christmas bug. One house down the street even has lights “all” over their house. And my boys decorated their little 2-ft trees that they have for their rooms. I will post pictures later.
I have spent the last 4 days working on a 15-page term paper for school. ugh! I stayed up till 11pm or midnight a couple nights. It 've been tired, but that’s the only time I had to work on it. There is too much going on at our house in the evenings…I hardly have time to chat on the phone with my mom. We have dinner, baths, Hunter’s homework, laundry, etc almost every night. Thank goodness for our DVR! I might be a week behind on Desperate Housewives, but atleast I get to watch it when I can.
New Car? I traded in my Envoy for a new car about 2 weeks ago. We needed something with a lower car payment and better gas mileage, especially since I am the family taxi now. I started out test-driving a Toyota Camry. They are nice, but my last 4 vehicles have been SUVs. It was extremely hard to get used to sitting on the ground. And Harold & I talked about it…it’s just simply too small for us. My Envoy had the 3rd row of seats, which were always down. So, I could load it up with the entire house for trips. I couldn’t see us doing that with the Camry. So, our salesperson showed us a Highlander…without the 3rd row and it was very nice. It is silver, just like my Envoy. I got it at a really good price. And I didn’t want to buy used because my car is our family’s main vehicle right now. I do not need any additional stress. I am sure people are wondering…why buy a new car with all that’s going on? Well, I’m always going to have a car payment. I’ve learned to accept that.
Tuesday: Holden had his Pre-Op appt. And wouldn’t ya know, that Monday night, he had a fever of 101.3!! And his throat hurt. So, Tuesday morning, I took him to his ENT office for the surgery paperwork and asked if his doctor could see him. Holden has the croup, which is viral. Hunter just had it last week! The doctor put him on an antibiotic anyways, so that he wouldn’t catch anything else before his surgery next week. Holden stayed home with daddy Tuesday and Wednesday and they “slept in mommy’s bed” (that’s what Holden told me). He was running a fever both days. That’s unusual for him.
It’s always something at our house! That’s our Family Motto!
Harold’s treatments are going well…just this morning he noticed that he’s losing some hair right where they radiate him. But it is not bad at all. He’s almost finished; only a couple more weeks.
Stress levels have been high at the Sublett household though. Most of it is to be expected…you have the normal Christmas frenzy. I haven’t started shopping; nonetheless, I don’t have my list made up yet. That is highly unusual for me! And who doesn’t worry about money during the holidays. It is always tough…you want to buy everything for everybody, especially your kids. However, we just can’t do that this year.
Earlier in the week, I got a phone call from a local community newspaper reporter. She heard about the golf tournament fundraiser and wants to come over Friday to talk with Harold and the family. That should be interesting! Lord knows what the boys will tell her! J
I promise to update the blog more often...things seem to be settling down.
Thanks Kim!!
ReplyDeleteWe are always thinking of you guys.
Steve and Erika Booth
Hey lady! I just wanted you to know that you are always on our minds..Mike asks me all the time "What's the word on Harold?" I am sorry that I haven't come by. I work out of town now and I am not there Mon-Fri. You all are in our thoughts and prayers! Love ya lady! PS You are such an inspiration..I don't know how you do it!
ReplyDelete