Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

Not that I have any great plans this weekend, it just sounded good. It's been a crazy week, at home and at work. And looking at my March calendar, I'm ready to scream! Only 5-6 more weeks before Harold can drive again and I cannot wait! Some days, I literally feel like I'm going in circles. If I'm not taking one of the boys to the doctor, I'm taking Harold -OR- I'm taking myself to the doctor. What gives?

And baseball tryouts are next week, which means that baseball practice is right around the corner. I feel like I'm living in a Mazda commercial. Zoom, zoom, zoom!

We signed up Holden for soccer at the YMCA. He only practices and has games on Saturdays in March and April. The only way Holden can play teeball again is if Harold coaches again. And we (or I) just can't handle that right now. Harold is the head coach of Hunter's team this year and that will be a lot of work to begin with.

We're starting family therapy in mid-March too. We just have too much other stuff going on in our lives right now. For those who don't know about Hunter, he takes medicine for ADHD and he has checkups every 2-3 months. Hunter's done great with the medication too. But because of all of our emotional stress, Hunter's been acting out in an unusual way. He's not usually my problem child. So, we know that the stress is getting to him as well. And Hunter knows everything that's going on. We don't hide anything from him. Hunter is very mature and asks a lot of questions. When we met with his doctor last week, he was asking Hunter about his behavior and how he felt about Harold and some other things. Hunter said that he cries at night when Mommy and Daddy don't know. That almost broke our hearts! It's bad enough when Mommy and Daddy have all this adult stuff to worry about, but my 9-yr old doesn't need to worry about it. Hunter's real dad has some things going on in his life right now too, and Hunter worries about him too. So, we're starting therapy. It's not just for Hunter, it's for the entire family. And we agree that it can help us. And most importantly, the therapist can let Hunter know it's okay to feel certain ways and to let us know when something is bothering him. Sometimes we forget how mature Hunter really is.

We're going to get back to normal; it's just going to take some time.

I'm going to eat lunch with Hunter at school on Friday. That will make his day. I haven't been able to do that in a very long time. He wants me to bring him Taco Bell..he always wants Taco Bell! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment