Tuesday morning I had my endoscopy. It went really well and it really wasn't all that bad. I don't remember too much about it. Doc didn't find anything, but did take 3 biopsies. Hopefully, I'll hear something back from that and it'll continue to be good news. Until then, he gave me a prescription for a huge bottle of GI Cocktail (with refills). sweeet!!
Harold met with Dr. Bakri that afternoon. His neuro-oncologist suggested that we have a local oncologist, just in case of an emergency. He was very nice. We'll meet with him every 3 months to touch base and to keep in contact. It was funny...when we were checking out and making his 3 months appt, she asked what time of day was good for me. I was looking at my Blackberry at the month of May and said anytime around lunchtime is good for me. Harold said "why does it matter? I'll be driving by then". I looked at him and said wahoo!! It's amazing how quick your life changes and you adapt to it. But then again, we haven't had much time to stop and think about anything...we just Go, Go, Go. But in two more months, Harold will be driving again. Thank goodness!!
Holden still hasn't passed the metal ball yet. And this morning, I noticed his stomach was very full....kinda bloated looking. I called his pediatrician to let him know about last Friday and to see if he suggested anything. I've been giving Holden Miralax every day since Sunday. But he hasn't gone to the bathroom since Monday. Of course, his doctor said to take him back to the ER. I immediately had a lump in my throat. She said he needed another X-ray. And if anything was wrong, we would already be at the ER.
When we arrived at the ER, they immediately ordered the xrays and we waited. And we waited. Radiologists must have been at lunch. Finally, they took them and saw the ball in his intestines. The ball has moved down (out of his stomach), but it's stuck. He was constipated and the ball wasn't causing it. They gave him an enema and he DID NOT like that. The guy nurse kept trying to distract him afterwards to keep it in longer, but he was cramping and screaming. He did a little bit of business, but not a whole lot. We have to keep an eye on it for the next week or so. The nurse said that when he passes this ball, it will hurt and we will know when he does. And so we wait...


Oh...and my "daughter" had a haircut today...She's so perty with her pink bows. They won't last a day..I'm surprised they lasted through the night.
I hope everyone has a great week. And hopefully ours will get better as the week goes on. I'm exhausted already!
No comments:
Post a Comment