Friday, February 20, 2009

Last Night of Chemo!!

Well, tonight is Day 5 for chemo. The last night. Harold's done extremely well with it this week. Last night, he was a little nauseated, but he took his meds and went to bed. He actually slept in late this morning and during the time me and the boys were getting ready! He never sleeps that soundly. I was afraid he was up all night and didn't wake me and that was why he was so tired. But luckily, that wasn't the case! He is just tired.



We are going to Georgia Brown's tomorrow night. What a way to end the week by listening to Marie! We'd love to see you there! And Sunday, Harold & Hunter are going to a Hurricanes game. One of our neighbors had two extra tickets and asked if they wanted to go. Heck yes! They're going early to tailgate, if it's not raining. That's all Hunter has talked about. We haven't been to a game this year. Harold & I usually try to go atleast once each year. Our neighbor loves the FireAntz too. He's been overseas with the military for the last year. So, he's just getting back into the groove of things. He gets tickets for every game. Harold had to update him on his condition when he got back last month. I'm so glad we have great neighbors.



Last night, Harold wanted to take the boys to Pearce's Mill Fire Department. The guys usually have their training on Thursday nights. And last night they were burning some large furniture crates as part of their training. We got there around 7:15pm as the guys were getting their turnout gear on. I sure miss those guys! I know Harold does too. Once you're a fireman, it's in your blood. Maybe one day Harold can get back into volunteering. Fireman are a tight-knit group of guys that really look after each other. They're our friends...better yet, they're our family. I've said it before...Harold & I have had some great times at the fire department!



For those who know Hunter, you will know this gave him an opportunity for 207 questions! The fireman were using foam to put out the fire, instead of plain water. That was something new for Holden and Hunter. So they asked a bazillion questions. Hunter told me on the way home that he wants to be a fireman. That makes me smile. As I'm sure it does Harold too.



Here's some pictures of the training. I hope you enjoy as much as we did. But you really have to be there in person to get the full HOOOTTTT effects!





No comments:

Post a Comment