I went to Lowe’s yesterday and they have a huge, awesome selection of Christmas decorations. I love Christmas decorations. You can never have too many Christmas decorations. But Harold calls me “Scrooge” every year. I like to put up all of our decorations and the tree on Thanksgiving Day, as most people do. But the day after Christmas, when under the tree is bare again, I’m ready to get it out of there. Last year, Harold made me keep it up until New Years. That was a challenge for me. Every day, he would ask me, “Are you packing it today, Scrooge?”
You know how the holidays are…family and friends coming over, wrapping paper hanging from the ceiling and under the couch, new toys from one end of the house to the other, and the new clothes in a huge pile waiting for you to make room for them. The house is a mess for at least 2 weeks. Drives me bonkers!
My ‘early’ New Year’s resolution will be to keep the tree up and the decorations out until Jan 1st! I promise you, Harold!
And I’m so lucky…let me tell you why...
I have Christmas and all the birthdays done in less than 3 weeks time!!
Hunter’s birthday is Dec 17th, Christmas is the 25th, Harold’s birthday is Jan 1st, and Holden’s birthday is Jan 5th. Who could ask for more than that? I know, bad planning on my part. But I’m blaming Harold for it. :) Love you hunny!!
Now, where did I plant that money tree again? I need to start my list and check it twice!
58 Days Until Santa Comes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment