Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Sister

I wanted to also mention that my sister and her husband have been having some health problems as well. Some of you may know that my sister is almost 16 weeks pregnant and has been staying home with her husband, who has been sick. Her husband is in the military and also hasn't been able to work. He's been having some bad pain in his lower abdomen area. The doctors at Womack couldn't figure it out and the doctors at the Pinehurst ER just wanted to give him antidepressants! His pain gets so bad that he's doubled over and has been throwing up.

My sister told me last week that the next time he had a bad bout with pain, they were driving up to Duke. Her husband's brother is a doctor up in Pennsylvania and he suggested that he go to Duke because of their advancements and all of the students. Well, yesterday was a bad pain day and they drove up to Duke. They admitted him last night and have been running a lot of tests on him. They "think" he has some nerve damage from a surgery that he had done this past summer. I haven't heard any recent updates tonight. But they are going to keep him until they can get his pain and nausea under control. I know that he's in the best place and they will take care of him.

While you are praying, please think of them as well. Our family has a lot of things going on right now. My poor mom has two sick son-in-laws. I can't imagine what she is going through.

Wow...when it rains, it pours!

8 comments:

  1. Kim please know that you and your family continue to be in my prayers. You're such a strong, wife, mother, sister and daughter. You're such a blessing and I know GOD is watching over all of you right now. Stay strong Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim and Harold,
    Hang in there !!!!! You have a lot of people that love and care for the four of you. Again, if you need me, let me know.
    Love, Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim,
    I have been reading your blogs & keeping up w/ harolds progress.I pray for you & your family all the time.You are 1 strong lady, & he's a stong man to go through all that you are.But god only gives you those hurdles he thinks you can handle.My 8 yr old daughter was born w/ the hair lip (not sure if you know what that is).But her lip didnt form completely when i was pregnant w/ her.She's been through surgerys & is getting ready to have another 1.It's was hard for me & her dad the 1st few yrs of her life.But i wouldnt change a thing. It's has nade me the person that i am today.I am stronger & i cherish every day i have w/ my family.My baby is so beautiful.You wouldnt know that she had a birth defect. She also had surgery at duke.They are wonderful.So i understand to an extent what your going through.I'm praying for you & i'm always here to talk if you need too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim and Harold,
    I know there are not enough words to put your minds at ease right now. The "C" word is never an easy pill to swallow. It can be beaten and it will be. You just have to believe, pray, trust, and take care of each other.Look around. You have a huge circle of family and friends to support and embrace you. Jeff and I will do anything we can, do not hesitate to call. If you need someone to sit with Harold if you need to get out or if you just feel like you need some help around the house, just ask. Love, The Gaineys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    Just dropping by to let you know I'm thinking of you and your family. I have never met Harold, but I know he is blessed to have you. Let me know if you need anything.

    with love,
    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim and Harold,

    We are traveling to Duke Tuesday, also, because Warren has an appointment with our neurologist. I will continue to pray for answers for both of our boys. Thank you for taking the time to update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim & Harold, I just wanted to let you both know that I am praying for you and Harold. "God does not put more on you than you can bare and you have to trust and believe in him". You are very strong and beautiful person - your strength will pull you through this time. Take care and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for mentioning Tom and me. Of course you would still be thinking of others, even during your own stressful, trying times. Tom and I are having such a hard time getting the doctors to listen him. Urology blows us off because he is not a surgical case (because he had surgery by another uro elsewhere) and the other general doctors cannot get anywhere because they need the Urologists' approval and that is a NO GO! And don't get me started on the nurses! oWhile I went home to check on the house, there was over 45 minutes of Tom pushing the Nurse button saying he was in pain and vomiting and still no one came. A random nurse supervisor was walking by, heard him retching, and came in to see if he was ok. I can't leave the hospital because he can't get anyone's help. This is so hard, but I know we will get answers eventually. We are still here for a reason. Plus, I have complained to the administrative staff, so maybe the arrogant doctors will have to listen. I am so grateful that you and Harold had a better experience than us. You guys are in our prayers, and we love you so much. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete