Ya'll...I have to brag on my baby. Hunter had a note sent home last Friday from school. It was a permission slip to allow Hunter take two tests for the AIG program (Academically/Intellectually Gifted Program). I'm so proud of him. When he was in 1st grade, his teacher wanted us to think about having him skip a grade because his current grade was too easy for him. That was a tough decision to weigh. If we let him skip 2nd grade and go straight to 3rd, I was afraid that he wouldn't be ready mentally. And if we didn't let him skip, we were afraid he would breeze through school because he says it's too easy. But last year, his teacher told us that she liked having Hunter in her class. Although she designed classwork specifically for Hunter separate from the rest of the class, it was a challenge for her as a teacher. So, Hunter didn't breeze through 2nd grade like we thought. He was challenged and he still did outstanding.
So far, for the 3rd grade, Hunter is still doing great. His teacher this year is also challenging Hunter and has used him as a tutor for other students. AND....when Hunter had his pre-EOG benchmark testing...he was the ONLY one in the "whole" 3rd grade who made a 100 on the math section! Now...if I can just get him to read more...that's my boy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment