Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Typical Day

Well, we thought Harold would be starting his radiation today. So, this morning, I got his nausea medicine and his chemo pill out for today and wrote out when to take them. I picked him up around 10:45 and we headed off to the Cancer Center for his 11am appt.

The nurse said he would only be 15-20 mins and I could wait in the private waiting area. But he shows back up less than 10 mins later...ready to go. They didn't start his radiation today, they took x-rays with his mask on to be sure that Dr. Bryan's treatment plan was in the exact spot he neeeded it to be. So, radiation starts tomorrow! What??? The nurse called us last Monday and said "Harold's treatments will start Wednesday at 11am". Key word "treatments". Otherwise, we wouldn't have started his medicines today. ugh!!

Yes, I complained because they should have made it clear. Oh well, atleast it's tomorrow and not next week. Stay tuned for how that goes tomorrow... His daily appointment will be at 10:45am Monday-Friday.

On to other things...I made a major decision today. I've decided to take next semester off from school. I'm stressed to the max as it is. And Fayetteville State's "online" program is becoming not-so-much online. In the Spring, they are offering telecast courses, which means they are online, but you must be online at specific times. They are mostly 6-9pm one night a week. Can you imagine taking a class with a webcam and microphone with kids screaming in the background? Not gonna happen. Besides, that defeats the purpose in an online program. Outside of that, I'm tired of working on homework during my lunch hours and late at night after the boys go to bed. My classes are going good right now too. I have A's in both classes for my midterms grades. But...I still have quite a bit of homework due before the end of the semester....a powerpoint presentation, a term paper, and more accounting homework. I truly enjoy school, but feel that I'm pulling away from my family with too much on my mind. I've finally realized that I'm not super woman, as much as I want to be! :)

What helped me make the final decision was Methodist University. They have a Professional MBA program and new students start in the Fall. So, if I decide to go that route, I'll still have time to get things together. Their program consists of 8-week courses online and you meet on campus for one weekend each month. I've been talking with the program coordinator and they are willing to work with me. So, we'll see. I'll have other options down the road. For now, I'm taking a break after November!


***Golf Tournament Information***

The flyer with all the golf tournament information should be ready tomorrow. They were making some final decisions today. Here is what I do know: Tournament is Dec 6th...shotgun start at 12 noon at Cypress Lakes Golf Course. Price is $60 per golfer. They will have a set number of teams so that they can limit the tournament to one day. I don't know what that number is though. The deadline to register is Dec 1st. So first come, first served.

If I get the flyer tomorrow, I'll post on the blog. There's also information for hole sponsorships too.

Thanks everyone for thinking about us and for keeping us strong. We can't do it without you in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Kim-
    I haven't gotten to talk to you since all of this has happened, but I just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you all constantly, and praying everyday for Harold and you and the boys. I cannot begin to imagine what you all go through on a daily basis with all of the normal everyday stress, and now with a whole new kind of stress added to it. Harold has the best attitude, and you ARE superwoman, and I am truly in awe of your wonderful, loving family. Please know that we are always here for you guys, and we love you! Amy & Brett

    ReplyDelete