Saturday, October 11, 2008

Words of Encouragment

Harold's Aunt Helen in Maryland called a few minutes ago. She's really good friends with a top neurosurgeon up there and he was asking how Harold was and he was able to answer some of my questions regarding Harold's personality changes. He assured me that it was normal after brain surgery. He also said that the Keppra may take a couple days to regulate in his body. Hopefully, I will have my Harold back. Harold doesn't understand why I get so upset because he doesn't see what I see.

Aunt Helen also told me that she has a friend who is 29 yrs old and has the same exact tumor as Harold. He had surgery in May and has gone through radiation and chemo. He is now only taking chemo pills one week a month for 6 months. He is back to work and back to normal. That's awesome news. I'd love to chat with him once we find out more information next week at Duke. I think he could really help Harold & I understand and to know what to expect. I have this feeling that Duke is going to sugar-coat things and I'm not up for that. I need to know what to expect, good or bad.

Well, hopefully, we will have a restful weekend without any excitement. I have got to get some housework and homework done sometime. I just don't know if I'm coming or going.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment