Friday, October 3, 2008

In the room

We came to see Harold this morning in his regular room. He said he feels like he was beat up by Mike Tyson. I said "hey baby". Do you think he said hey baby back? Nope...he said "where's my phone?" They should've implanted that thing while they were in there! haha






But, then I got a quick smooch! :) He knew better!






We ran into the PA that works this floor with Dr. Friedman. He said that Harold said "Hey Sienthel" when he woke up from surgery. The nurses said "You know him?" Shientel said "of, course, we're friends." :)


He said that he should get discharged tomorrow to go to our temporary home...Quality Inn. Then we should be heading back to Fayetteville on Monday. That's awesome!


I was hoping to get a picture of Harold with Dr. Friedman. But Sienthel said the he was flying out around 1pm today. So I don't know if he'll stop by or not. We found out that Dr. Friedman's wife is a neurosurgeon in Chapel Hill. Wonder what they talk about at the dinner table? hmmm...


Here's some pictures of Harold's head. His eye is really swollen and will probably be completely shut by the end of today. They said it was normal. He can't eat...it hurts to chew. But really, he looks good considering what all they did yesterday. Warning: these pictures are graphic!





If we get to see the doctor soon, I'll post another update.

1 comment:

  1. So glad things are going well. That is another answer to a prayer. Roger keeps me updated and then I read your blog. I'll be happy when the black eye goes away. Harold, keep up the good work. I love you all.
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete