Thursday, October 2, 2008

IT'S OVER!!

Carolyn, Chuck & I just sat down to eat in the cafeteria when my pager started buzzing! It had only been an hour and 45 mins since they started, I had all kinds of things running through my head.

In the trash our food went and up the floors we went! Dr. Friedman was waiting for us outside the ICU unit.

Dr. Friedman said that everything went really well and that it was just "low grade tumor". In other words, BENIGN! He said that it was preliminary results, but who's to doubt him! I told Dr. Friedman..."You're the man!" He just grinned. :=)

So, now I can get the lump out of my throat. Of course, the emotions are running now. I've held them in all day... I can't help it now. I can't wait to see my baby!!

Once they have him settled in ICU, we can go back and see him. Then we'll come back tomorrow morning.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. Prayers really do work!!

Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. Harold and Kim, I have been praying so hard for the both of you. Roger and I have "been there, done that" and we know how upsetting and emotional your situation has been. I really do love you both and look forward to seeing you. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH KIM!!! We are so happy that the future is brighter. Please tell Harold he cannot pick on me anymore, though. :) We love you, girl!

    Teri and Rick Schultz

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE THE LORD! I've been praying for you all since the accident. Mike has been keeping me posted. Thanks for the blog, the up dates let me know how to pray. God is so good! Carolyn and Chuck, I love you both and miss seeing you daily. I'll continue to pray for all of you.
    Reba Skaggs
    VCA's After School Director

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harold and Kim,
    The game went well tonight. The kids played hard in a 10-5 defeat. It just wasn't the same not hearing that deep voice in or around the dug-out. Everytime I thought about getting upset I thought about you Harold and just Grinned. Hunter played well defensively and actually got walked one time at bat. Harold you and all your family are in the Gainey's thoughts. I do not think we have told you, but we love you guys. I know that is not so hot coming from ole Jeff, but you guys (Kim,Mr.and Mrs.Sublett and Hunter and Holden) are on our minds. Harold I typed this and not Shari. We'll check in with you guys in the morning. If you need us do not hesitate to call, because we are here.
    Love,
    The Gaineys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell the General/Carolyn Sublett that she must not scare the nursing staff to death.

    We're glad Harold is doing fine. Hope Kim is doing ok too.

    Dean, Kriste, and Mackenzie Nunnally

    ReplyDelete