Saturday, October 18, 2008

Funny Stories

My mind has been running in so many different directions that I completely forgot to post our funny stories from last week.

Last Wednesday, when Harold & I were heading home from Duke, we stopped at an exit off of I-40 to get some lunch. And to our excitement, the shopping center we pulled into had a very special surprise parked there.

The Band of Oz bus!!!


There were atleast 10 different places to eat at this plaza, so we decided to grab a to-go order from Andy's. We really hoped to see the band at some point, so we ate in the car (a couple spots over). We felt like groupies who were stalking the band. Harold absolutely LOVES beach music. We saw the Band of Oz last year at the Beach Blast. I told Harold "watch it only be the bus driver!". He didn't care...he'd get the bus driver to sign his head! :)


Funny Story #2:
I'm sure everyone knows by now that Harold cannot drive. Well, the social worker at Duke suggested that Harold drive a riding lawnmower every now and again to help with his frustrations. Harold's crew came over to help with the yard work Friday. Harold drives the lawnmower. Harold hits the water spigot on the back of the house! His words to me: "Don't worry about the water faucet, I'll get it fixed". Oh boy....



And it was fixed before I got home. I have yet to figure that one out!!

1 comment:

  1. Rick can tell the whole story. lol Apparently water was shooting everywhere!!!!!

    Teri Schultz

    ReplyDelete