I must say that starting this blog was probably one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I'll probably keep it up for the other "good things" in our life too. I feel better when I write (much like a diary). I used to write in a diary and it got me in trouble in my younger days! (remember that, Mom?) This blog won't get me in trouble, I promise! I've had a lot of compliments on the blog and I'm glad that we are able to share our lives with you. And most importantly, we want you all to know how appreciative we are of you.
Harold had a good afternoon. He tried to nap while I ran to the doctor for my cold and picked up the boys. But he couldn't sleep. I think it's because he actually slept good last night. He's not a napping-kind-of-guy anyhow. I stopped by my office to see everyone. I've missed them. And they had a nice surprise for me today. They are so awesome! I hope that I am able to return the favor one day. And it's great not having to worry about work since I've been away. I don't know if I've ever had a job like that. I'm going back to work on Wednesday; I need my sanity back. But I want to have Harold at home for atleast one full day to make sure he's eating like he should and to wrestle the phone out of his hand. He hasn't had much appetite; I hope that's normal. I'll work on pushing more food tomorrow.
Once I brought the boys home, it was like a 3-ring circus again, which is normal for our house. I think all the commotion gave Harold a bad headache. I probably should've let my mom keep them one more night. They were excited to be home, just as we were. Carolyn & Chuck brought us dinner so that I wouldn't have to cook tonight. Then Harold had a couple buddies stop by to see him. I know that made him feel good. Harold just doesn't know how awesome he is. And he certainly doesn't give himself credit he deserves.
I let Holden help me give Harold his medicine. He wants to know why his boo-boo is still there. Hopefully we can get back into our daily routine with the boys in a couple days. Hunter goes back to school tomorrow, after a 2-week intercession. And he only has a couple more weeks of baseball. He's not playing basketball this winter. Mommy & daddy need a break! :) We'll have plenty of time for baseball in the spring when both of the boys start playing again.
One thing I forgot to mention in an earlier post was Harold's Aunt that lives in Maryland. His Aunt Helen is a Vice President of the Mercy Hospital in Maryland (it's a Catholic hospital). And every morning, they have a moment of prayer and they have been praying for Harold. Not only that, but every Sister around the world has been praying for him. How awesome is that? Thank you Helen for all the prayers and words of encouragement for Harold! He's been reading them all.
Wow, just realized...Hard to believe that Christmas is coming up. I'm not even ready for that! Hunter & Holden have started their wish-list. What I am saying, they started that wish-list 6 months ago! I got my birthday wish and my Christmas wish...I'll have MANY more years to nag my hubby! Don't feel sorry for him...for those who know him, it goes both ways!
Have a good night!
You nag him? Yeah right! We all know it is the other way around! :) We love you guys!
ReplyDeleteRicky and Teri Schultz
I'm Amy McManus (McLamb). Kim, we've never met, but I can tell through your words what a wonderful lady you are. I've known Harold and his family FOREVER and just want to say how wonderful it is it hear how well Harold is doing after surgery! My son, Warren, has been very sick, and I know all too well what those moments of waiting feel like. So glad to hear that you're all back home with your boys. Enjoy every minute! Best wishes.
ReplyDeleteKim this is great! I was so happy to be able to know what was going on. Harold could not have asked for a better wife. Tell him the Florida Subletts/Chicones have been praying. We love you!
ReplyDeleteWe are really glad to hear that you are doing so well. We have been thinking about you. Continue the great progress!
ReplyDeleteBrian, Ann, Ryan and Brent Smith